Servings 6 (~1/3-cup servings)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (well drained)
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
GARLIC HERB SAUCE
- 1/4 cup hummus (store-bought or DIY)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 – 1 tsp dried dill (or sub 2-3 tsp fresh per 3/4-1 tsp dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 cloves yield ~1 1/2 Tbsp)
- Water or unsweetened almond milk (to thin)
PARSLEY SALAD optional
- 1 cup packed finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup diced cherry or roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 16 ounces hummus (store-bought or DIY)
- Pita chips or fresh pita
- Vegetables (cucumber, red pepper, etc.)
- Chili garlic sauce (I love Huy Fong Foods brand)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and add well-drained chickpeas to a mixing bowl.
Top with oil, sugar, and spices* and toss to combine. Then spread on a bare or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until deep golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
In the meantime, prepare your sauce by adding all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisking to combine, only adding enough water or almond milk to thin so it’s pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add more garlic for more zing, salt for savoriness, lemon juice for freshness, and dill for a more intense herb flavor. I found mine didn’t need anything else.
Lastly, prepare parsley-tomato salad by adding parsley, tomato and onion to a small mixing bowl and dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss and set aside.
To serve, spread hummus on a serving platter and top with roasted chickpeas, parsley salad, and garlic dill sauce. I also love garnishing mine with chili garlic sauce for extra heat! Perfect with pita, pita chips, or veggies of choice.
Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the refrigerator up to 3 days (store hummus, salad, chickpeas ,and sauce separately for best results).