Feel at Ease and Safe at Five Starr Pilates & Fitness...Where Your Safety is at Our Core!
Maintaining our stellar cleaning protocols has never been more important. Known as one of the cleanest fitness studios in Southern California, we take your safety seriously – we always have, but now we are kicking it up a notch. Keeping our staff and clients healthy will always remain #1 for us!
So what does all of that mean?
Here is what to expect from us and what we expect from you.
Let’s break it down:
- Please take a moment to review our new Liability Waiver and electronically sign it when you log in to reserve classes. If you have not attested to the waiver you will have to do so in the studio on the iPad upon arrival.
- 24 hours before your scheduled class you will get an automated email and text reminding you of the check in procedures and of the symptoms of COVID-19. These emails will be stored in your client profile as attestation of our intent to educate you and keep you safe.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your class begins. There will be no drop ins. A reservation is now required.
- Please line up outside wearing a face covering and utilizing social distancing guidelines. Notice the markers on the sidewalk outside for your safety.
- The front doors will remain open during class transition times to cut down on high touch areas.
- A member of the staff will welcome 2 clients at at time into each classroom to prepare for class.
- Upon entrance you must use the hand sanitizer on the counter and you MUST be wearing a face covering.
- A member of the staff will take your temperature upon entrance. If your temp is over 100.3 you may not take class and should self quarantine and get tested for COVID -19. While we are not medical professionals, we must follow CDC and The State of California guidelines and temperature checks are recommended. You have the right to refuse to have your temperature taken. Kindly decline if you choose.
- A member of our staff will check you in and mark your attendance.
- Please proceed to your classroom and get set up for your workout. If equipment is being used for class in Pilates, it will be set out by the TV near the cycling room door. Collect your props and take a seat on your equipment. RIGHT BEFORE SITTING ON YOUR EQUIPMENT use hand sanitizer. It is important to settle on your equipment fairly expeditiously so we can get everyone checked in and ready for class.
- In the Pilates room each reformer has its own storage ottoman. We clean these after every class with essential oils known to disinfect and kill virus and infection. Please place your personal items in the ottoman and use it to sit on to take your shoes on and off.
- All equipment will be clean when you arrive, but you may take a wipe and wipe down your equipment before using it if you wish.
- The cycling room capacity has changed so as to create more distance between the bikes.
- In the cycling room if you choose to use the ice and water dispenser please USE THE HAND SANITIZER BEFORE using the machine. Remember that frequent touch surfaces can spread germs, so if every finger that touches the ice or water button has hand sanitizer on it we are protecting one another.
- You MUST wear your face covering while walking around the studio. You do not have to wear a face covering during class unless you wish to wear one.
- Our instructors in Pilates will wear masks when they are able to during teaching. Cycling instructors will not wear masks while teaching.
- Your Instructors will maintain social distance while teaching. This is necessary to keep each other safe.
- Please maintain 6 feet social distance from all clients and staff while in the studio.
- When your class is over your instructor will “dismiss” 2-3 clients at a time if necessary to cut down on traffic. This is another great time to visit with other clients while you wait. After you have cleaned your equipment please gather your belongings, put on your face covering and depart. If you want to visit with one another, which is what makes us family, please do so outside on the sidewalk of the studio so we can get ready for the next class and disinfect appropriately.
- Each reformer should be cleaned thoroughly with disinfectant wipes found in the wall dispenser. Wipe down inside the straps as well as the foot bar. Clean all props before replacing them in the appropriate storage area. We have purchased non porous dumbbells to add to our safety protocol. Please be sure to wipe down all surfaces of everything you touch during your workout.
- Each bike should be cleaned thoroughly with disinfectant wipes found in the wall dispenser. Be sure to clean ALL sweat droplets that you can see on the floor or wall too. The handlebars, monitor and anything you touch should be wiped down.
- After each class our staff will be sanitizing each room with ozone disinfectant or essential oils. Ottomans in Pilates and the bench in Cycling will be cleaned.
- The Bathroom, front desk, water and ice machine and all door handles will be cleaned every half hour to hour.
- Please bring your own towel, water bottle and socks or shoes. We are not permitted to provide towels at this time.
- Pilates clients must bring your own gripper mats. We have sets for sale for $1.00. Stop by the front desk for a set if you need some. Remember to clean your gripper mats too.
- We will be using a commercial grade fogger to sanitize and disinfect all soft and hard surfaces. It is recommended to use this machine once a week, but we will be using it daily. This type of machine is used to clean airplanes, police cars and hospitals.
- Five Starr Pilates & Fitness has completed The City of Long Beach SafeBiz Self Certification. Our certificate can be found in the studio along with numerous other CDC, State of California and LB Health Department guidelines to help us all stay healthy and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Educate yourself on the symptoms of COVID-19! If you have Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle Pain, sore throat, New loss of test or smell you SHOULD NOT ATTEND CLASS. We will waive the cancellation policy in this instance. You should seek to be tested and quarantine if necessary. See your medical provider for more information.
- Should you need to cancel a class we will be reaching out to verify your safety and ensure that ALL staff and clients remain safe. If you cancel please shoot us a text or email and let us know that you are healthy. If we don’t hear from you then we will reach out and need to connect with you BEFORE you return to class.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we deem is not practicing or observing safety protocols related to COVID-19 in order to keep other members and staff safe.
Although some things seem redundant or could possibly be a bother to you, it is our BOTTOMLINE GOAL to keep everyone healthy! WE ARE COMMITTED TO GOING THE EXTRA MILE TO KEEP YOU SAFE! Thank you for partnering with us to keep one another healthy!