So you are ready to change your life with your first time Pilates class? We couldn’t be more excited to meet you! Being new to a studio and in beginner Pilates classes might seem intimidating but fear not…we have some great pointers to ease your anxiety heading into your first time Pilates class in Orange County and beyond!
Helpful Tips for Your First Time Pilates Class
- The first piece of good news is— Pilates classes for beginners often are a bit shorter in time than a regular Pilates class. Our beginner Pilates classes are just 30 minutes. You can do it!
- Always remember that Pilates is layering. Meaning that you never master it. As an instructor, I am always learning new things. New cues, new exercises, new challenges. I think that is what makes Pilates an intelligent exercise. It keeps you learning! So don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get everything right immediately, rather enjoy the fact that Pilates never gets old. No two classes are the same. You won’t ever get bored.
- Although we sell gripper socks at the front desk, I advise your first two weeks you refrain from buying all the cute styles to match your outfit. Instead, for your first time Pilates class and even beginner Pilates classes for the first 2 weeks go barefoot. Enjoy feeling the parts of your feet on the reformer. Become familiar with the muscles in your feet and ankles first then buy yourself a few pairs of gripper socks.
- Invest in a Pilates mat/towel for your first time Pilates class in Orange County. We sell great Pilates towels that add a layer of sanitation to your practice. The towel is not mandatory, but many clients like the added protection.
- Dress comfortably for your first time Pilates class. We keep our studio very cool…just like our clients, so dress in layers. I promise you will be shedding a layer or two after the warm-up!
- Don’t look at your neighbor, instead if you feel confused by anything, try closing your eyes and zeroing in on the instructor’s voice. This is where the magical mind-body connection steps in!
- Slow and steady wins the race. Focus on form, not speed in your first time pilates class.
- Bring your smile and get ready to meet an amazing community in your pilates classes for beginners.
- Bring your water bottle and fill up on filtered water and the best pellet ice in town in our studio. We provide towel service in all of our classes, but especially in our first time pilates classes.
- Embrace how you are going to change your life and evolve into the best version of yourself!