Garlic Butter Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Zucchini Noodles – This easy and nourishing skillet meal is absolutely fabulous in every way imaginable! Cheesy turkey and pork meatballs just melt in your mouth and zesty zucchini help keep carbs low. Gluten-free, paleo, low-carb, keto-friendly and ready in 30 minutes or less – These easy and healthy turkey meatballs dinner is a clear winner with the whole family! Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- 1/2 lb (220g) ground turkey meat
- 1/2 lb (220g) ground pork meat (optional, see recipe notes)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (or cheddar, provolone…)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated + 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red crushed chili pepper flakes, optional
- 1 crumbled bouillon cube, optional
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro (or parsley), divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
1. To make the turkey meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground turkey and ground pork, cheese, grated garlic, Italian seasoning, bouillon cube, red chili pepper flakes, chopped cilantro and black pepper. Mix well with your hands or fork and form medium balls. Arrange the turkey meatballs on a plate and set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the turkey meatballs for 8 – 10 minutes on all sides, until browned and cooked through. While cooking, baste the meatballs with the mix of butter and juices. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
3. In the same skillet melt remaining tablespoon butter; then add lemon juice, hot sauce, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes (if you want). Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring regularly, until zucchini is done but still crisp and juices have reduced a bit. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and garnish with more cilantro or parsley if you like.
4. Push zucchini on one side of the skillet and add the turkey meatballs back to the pan and reheat for a minute or two. Serve the garlic butter turkey meatballs with lemon zucchini noodles immediately with a lemon slice on the side. Enjoy!