Savory Goat Cheese and Herb Stuffed Strawberries
Strawberries certainly have their spot on a Valentine’s Day menu and this is a different, savory take on them. Try them as an easy appetizer and pair them classically with champagne.
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 tbs fresh, finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tbs fresh, finely chopped mint
- 1/2 tbs fresh, finely chopped chives
- 2 tbs cream (or milk)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Wash and hull strawberries, set aside. In a small bowl, combine goat cheese and herbs.
- Add zest and just enough cream to make the goat cheese creamy. Salt to taste.
- Using a piping bag, pipe the goat cheese into the center of the berries. Alternatively, you can use a spoon to stuff the berries.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and heat at a medium temperature until the vinegar gets syrupy and reduces by half.
- Drizzle on top of berries and serve immediately.